Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Linganore Road



Recliner behind an abandoned house on Linganore Road, Mt. Airy.

I moved back to the east coast about 5 years ago from California and I've always been fascinated with the old buildings and architecture of this area. Mainly, abandoned houses and other objects that are left behind. It seems that the occupants have simply vanished and I wonder what stories lie beneath the ivy and decay. I enjoy exploring these houses and their grounds and decided to keep a photo journal of my experiences. The majority of “abandoned life” photos are taken in or around Frederick, Maryland.

5 Comments:

Blogger wardy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 14, 2004 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Visual-Field said...

Welcome to Photoblogs! I live in Baltimore, and am always interested to see photos from this area.

I like the incongruity of this one.

December 23, 2004 at 5:46 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thank you *Visual Field*
I love your photos!

December 29, 2004 at 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these nice pictures. I really enjoy this one because of a chair that is in my grandparent's basement that looks uncannily similar. My father has a fond memory of finding it in a furniture store, and it being the most comfortable and ugliest chair he's ever sat in. And to his surprise my grandmother, bought it.
I've spent enough time in the char to agree that it's the best in the world and just as ugly as you can imagine. Just a little different from the one in the photo it is furry and a darker orange, yuck! But we all love it.

September 3, 2010 at 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dgngmtxpn [url=http://ricostrong.net]Rico Strong[/url]

January 5, 2011 at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Susan O’Connor 2004


Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile

photoblogring
Join | Random | List